View Single Post

Thread: Act I: The Beauty...

1. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Act I: The Beauty...

Lorne

Lorne reaches out a mailed hand to grab at the kalashtar as she charges Threvick, but mad woman dances out of the way, sending Lorne hurtling past here. His boot snags on the edge of the hide rug, nearly sending him tumbling, but he manages to catch himself on the Professors desk, sending a cloud of loose papers into the air and a number of books tumbling to the floor. As he turns after regaining his balance, he is met face to face with kalashtar, blood dripping down her chin. He stands there stunned as she runs her fingers across his scars and around his neck, and is unable to react as she plunges his holy chain, the arrowhead depicting the Silver Flame into her palm. The blood drains from Lorne's face as she spits her prophesy at him, leaving flecks of blood spattered across his face before dancing onto the next person in the room.

Lorne moves into action suddenly as Shivakri collapses to the floor, her mad song and dance number having come to its awful end. He rushes to her side and goes down on one knee, pulling the mail gauntlet from his hand and placing it on the kalashtar's shoulder. He focuses on the image of the Silver Flame, letting it consume him and, through his touch, consume the kalshtar as well with its soothing warmth. Tearing a strip of fabric from his surcoat, he gently takes Shivakri's hand in his own and wrapping the makeshift bandage about her wounded hand.

Once he is satisfied that the woman is calm and properly looked after, Lorne rises to his feet and accepts the piece of paper that his handed to him. He leaves a red smear of finger pints along the edge of the contract as he signs it, then hands it off to the next person waiting in line. I fear that we will be heading into a place of great darkness, these people will need me as a guiding light, to keep them on the straight path and to make sure they are not consumed by shadows...

Spoiler
    Show
    Uses Lay on Hands ability on Shivakri, healing 6 points.
    Heal - (1d20+8)[15] to bandage Shivakri.
    Last edited by darkzucchini; 2008-06-08 at 11:38 AM.
    DMing In the Shadow of Death IC/OOC
    Lorne Keldoryn in Beauty and the Blight of the Black Rose IC/OOC
    Grudok Blackclaw in Legends of Arhade IC/OOC
    Marcellus Ashhad-Verinus in The Age of Wyrms IC/OOC
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr