1. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Avatar d20 Project] Bending System and Bending Classes - Thread II

OK, here's a re-write of Ice Shards (weapon) with the actual weapon size increase values taken into consideration:

A waterbender can create a rough melee weapon by molding a relatively small quantity of water into a large, sharp shard as a full-round action. This weapon deals 1d6 points of piercing damage plus 1d4 points of cold damage and has a critical rating of 20/x2. It counts as a light weapon, can be used in conjunction with any weapon-based feat for which it qualifies, and can be thrown with a range increment of 10 ft. By increasing the base DC by +10, the waterbender can increase the base damage dice of the weapon by one step (max 2d6). If the weapon ever leaves the waterbender’s possession, it begins to melt as normal ice would.
    I don't know how popular or unpopular this will be, but I removed the ability to alter the critical range and multiplier. That implies a degree of control over the shard that I don't think (on a second consideration) is appropriate. Should I put it back?

I think, of all the options, I like Four Winds the best for the new name. I think that the "Point of Origin" application is more useful, and Four Winds points to that application. However, if everyone else likes Serpentine or derivation thereof, I'll use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph
    Also, Meph, remember the Sustained Training thing. There's probably a better name for it, but it would eliminate the benders' dependency on skill points for the most basic of their abilities.
    So, the basic idea is that at each level, you give the bender 1 free skill point that can only be allocated to a Bending skill? What do people think of this as a solution?
    Last edited by Mephibosheth; 2008-06-12 at 09:09 AM.
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!