Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
...Bending ability as a skill, a multiclassed character can continue to put ranks in the skill without getting new seeds.
That's why I suggested the bending level equaling your bending class level+1/2 your other levels. It also solves a problem with the Avatar and multi-classed benders in that the Avatar is no longer skill staved, and multi-class benders are now feasible (non-canon only, of course)

3) Skills can get things like Circumstance modifiers that seem appropriate for this system, as in things like the full moon for waterbenders or other specific situations.
You can give circumstance bonuses to things other than skills. I'm not sure of any existing ones right now, maybe one for attacks (higher ground maybe?) but they are definitely possible. Keep that in mind.

But you're missing the entire point, Dman. They're daggers. Made of ice. Maybe even a sword made of ice if your DM approves it. But it's still simple ice being swung and jabbed like melee weapon. At most the ice can do as much damage as a melee weapon would. All of these ways that you're suggesting of making the damage done by the daggers worthwhile is all quite sound mechanically, but doesn't make any sense in terms of the series. The seed makes shards of ice that are held in the hand and used as simple melee weapons, not a magical blade through which the bender channels her power. Thus, they will deal damage as a shard of ice would.
I was assuming that as you gained power, then you'd be able to make better weapons. Though I kind of agree, you shouldn't be able to make better weapons. I mean, you make it, and what, you make it...stronger? That's hardness/HP. Bigger? That's size of weapon. Thicker? That's HP. Colder? That one works. I'm actually more in support of leaving it at 1d6 and having the only damage boost be cold damage than anything else. Though my best suggestions if you want physical damage boosts are the dealing blast damage or the +1d6/+5 DC ones. My preference on that is the deal blast damage. Mainly because you don't channel your power. You make it. You can make it well, so you might be able to gain an attack bonus (in the form of an enhancement bonus, a la Masterwork weapons) but it wouldn't gain in base damage.