I'm opposed to the bending being changed away from a skill. In the playtests and the Avatar d20 campaigns that have been active, a few of which I have been a participant of, there has not been even the slightest hiccup of a problem in the skill system. As the colloquialism goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

Which brings us to a topic which actually does need some adjustment. I am with dman11235 (I just realized that the 11235 were digits of the Fibonacci sequence and had to include them) when it comes to the damage of the ice shard weapons. 1d6 makes sense as a basic damage which wouldn't really change with level. It's a chunk of ice, and if they don't have the control to change the critical range or multiplier, they probably wouldn't have the capacity to alter it enough to change the damage without making it far too large to wield properly. Remember, it's not as if they have time to make it a large weapon with the proper balance to actually use it, they have to just make a medium-sized shard.

I think that it should be 1d6 20x2 with a 10 ft thrown range. I also think that the cold damage should scale with +1d4 per +10 to the DC. The point isn't to make something that can deal the damage of a blast, nor is it to have something that can do attacks of opportunity (which the whip can do now too). It's to have something that can do a moderate amount of damage and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity to use. And at level 20, according to the chart on page one, the average bender starting with 14 wisdom can hit a DC 42 with a 10, meaning that the average damage would be 1d6+4d4 cold, which is more than reasonable, but doesn't even close to replace the blast.

As for tornado, I've always thought that tornado should be merged into the Cyclone portion of the Stormwinds seed. Moving the tornado around would just be making a form of Stormwinds(Cyclone)+Wind Shaping.

On that note, I think that Wind Shaping should have a clause which it doesn't right now. It should allow for the direction of current winds to be changed and for lasting wind effects to be moved (something which isn't included right now). I also don't think that there is an addendum in there which would allow for cloudshaping, as in the Fortuneteller episode.

What does the playground think?