Quote Originally Posted by jagadaishio View Post
I think that it should be 1d6 20x2 with a 10 ft thrown range. I also think that the cold damage should scale with +1d4 per +10 to the DC. The point isn't to make something that can deal the damage of a blast, nor is it to have something that can do attacks of opportunity (which the whip can do now too). It's to have something that can do a moderate amount of damage and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity to use. And at level 20, according to the chart on page one, the average bender starting with 14 wisdom can hit a DC 42 with a 10, meaning that the average damage would be 1d6+4d4 cold, which is more than reasonable, but doesn't even close to replace the blast.
Hrm...I guess I'm okay with that. That's borderline, though. The thing is that if we set this precedent, now we've reverted back to the times when we had supernaturally cold ice (The original Heat/Cool could make ice that was super-cold and did extra cold damage). Not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels like a wild card in an already precarious position.

For example, what if a bender makes two daggers on two separate turns that each deal 3d4 cold damage, then makes a third, and decides to launch them using Ice Shards (Ranged)? It passes my common sense test, but would deal 9d4 cold damage, on top of the normal damage. I don't like it. We have no evidence that benders can make supernaturally cold ice, and I'd rather not be the one to set the precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by jagadaishio View Post
As for tornado, I've always thought that tornado should be merged into the Cyclone portion of the Stormwinds seed. Moving the tornado around would just be making a form of Stormwinds(Cyclone)+Wind Shaping.
I'm not so sure about this one. The Cyclone function might be a bit of a misnomer, since I'm seeing it as an equivalent to a personalized Wind Wall spell made out of violent wind. It fits the Stormwinds seed well enough, methinks; though it does kind of step on Tornado's toes. I'd rather keep the function where it is, but make it a 5-foot sphere instead of a 40-foot funnel.