Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
In Return of hte King, it specially states that no other type of weapons could hurt him.
Well, "specifically", it says “No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter..." This says nothing about other weapons not being capable of hurting him, just that they wouldn't hurt him as much. I know I've quoted this exact line in several of the other threads you keep talking about this stuff being decided in so long ago. The matter of other "magic" weapons' effects on the WK isn't addressed at any point as nobody else ever actually manages to hit him that we get to hear about. At best, there isn't enough data to say what can and can't bypass whatever protections the WK has going for him (beyond the Barrow Blades, of course). You're entitled to your opinion, but it's unsporting to state it as fact. It's not like this quotation was even hard to find (I Googled "no other blade" and "bitter" and it was available in the first link along with several of the other results). Sure, the Barrow Blades were anti-Mordor/Angmar, but the elf-made swords (like Sting and Glamdring) were anti-Morgoth/orcs. Are you saying that you'll allow "holy" weapons from other settings but not ones from the same setting that were targeted towards a bigger evil? That would approach the argument that "nothing can hurt him unless it's specifically made for that and since other settings don't take that into account, he's immune from everything. Nyah nyah " which none of us like in our vs. threads.

Anyway, I dislike the categories of "high magic" and "low magic". ME is definitely a setting where magic is not easily accessible (in the form of casting "spells" at least, artificing is fairly common as the Elves pretty much get it as a natural skill). What is present tends to be very strong, but just about any other modern fantasy setting that has magic at all will have much more of it floating around (especially since, in my experience, the protagonist(s) tend to have access to it; especially any fantasy that's been influenced by D&D). Instead of 2 or 3 characters in the entire setting being noteworthy magicians you end up with dozens if not hundreds or thousands. A matter of quantity, but not necessarily quality. However, just as flashy != powerful, it's also true to say flashy != weak. Impressiveness and strength are independent qualities here and there's no real reason to say that somebody from a non-ME setting couldn't theoretically overpower something from ME.

That said, I don't know anything about Soth, so I can't comment on the weapons at his disposal specifically.