Jake winces at the sound of voices shouting his name. In his line of work, a degree of anonymity is vital; when too many people know your face, it's time to move on. Of course, most of the shouting mobs he's encountered in the past have been much less friendly than this crowd...but still, this feels dangerous.

"Hey, no, it was this fellow who stopped the horses," he shouts, indicating the driver. "And he did it while shot full of arrows! Can we get a healer over here? He's still losing blood!"

He crouches down next to the wounded driver. "You fdid great back there, buddy. Now take it easy; they're bringing you help."

Quote Originally Posted by greenstave View Post
LanLan walks up to Jake and offers his good hand.

"Thank you for saving them. I am Lan, and I am off to find a healer!" Jake could see the sincerity in the thanks offered by Lan.
Jake reaches over and shakes the proffered hand, recognizing the voice of the other man from the carriage. "I'm Jake. Glad to see you're still in one piece. But why don't you stay here; they'll bring a healer for the driver any moment."

At least, I hope they will, he adds quietly to himself, scanning the scene to see if anyone has made progress toward finding a medic.