Leoguard

"I will leave examining the detail of our quest to thee, my companions," Leoguard states, as he looks around at the various people in the room. "Before I rest, I would know this town and any others within who need a warrior's help." He hen nods politely to everyone--other than Melkor, who he just looks at for a moment as though saying, ".... Bye" in a way not exactly polite, but not so much that you could claim it to be impolite. This done, he leaves the church, each step a loud clang as when he entered...

Leo explores around town. In a way, he's looking for trouble... Drunken, or just wicked/stupid, men harassing a woman, an old man having to carry something heavy a long way, corrupt guards extorting merchants, or even children beating on a smaller child, anything his sword or his strong back is good for, Leo is willing to use it.

Spoiler
Show
Leoguard is merely looking for people to help, whether it's beating up punks with too many hands, or helping an old man carry something heavy.

Streetwise - (1d20+6)[22]

If he finds something: You, the DM, could either make a note of it as we leave, "Leoguard saved a merchant from the corrupt debt collectors... now, back to the plot:" or we could do a side-quest through PM (continuing the main quest at the same time as the side-quest is played out).