View Single Post

Thread: Keep On The Shadowfell-IC-TQ

1. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Keep On The Shadowfell-IC-TQ

Vaelnae

Vael takes her share of the provisions and stows them in her backpack with a word and smile of thanks. She shoots one long glance towards the gold and the healing potions but defers to Melkor's judgement in the matter.

We shall return, or send word to thee, as quickly as we may. The graceful Eladrin woman bows in farewell. Farewell, milady. May the gods of all our peoples watch over us.

Vaelnae watches the men of the party arrange the campfire with a look of gentle amusement on her face. As Melkor and Leoguard face one another, her eyes turn to the fire site and she gestures and murmors the first word of an incantation before noticing Bal'Koth's preparation. Seeing the loving care with which he crafts the fire, she steps back and stops her incantation with a rueful smile.

She starts inperceptively at Aur's address before turning and smiling warmly back. Of course. She assists Aur with her tent, before turning to her own pack. I need no bedplace myself to rest, though I carry one in case I am stricken by wounds or sickness. My kin need not sleep as you do. I can stand watch through all the night, and though sometimes my thoughts will wander far I shall remain as aware of dangers and foes as I am now.

Though I would appreciate the company through the long marches of the night. Two pairs of eyes are better than one, also.

In answer to Leo's question Vael laughs a little before briefly pausing in thought. I have some knowledge of the magely arts, it is true. With a gesture an iridescent gemstone appears in her hand. She places this in the palm of Leo's hand, whereapon it remains for a few moments before vanishing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Prestigitation

I do find that my wits serve me better than blade or spell. She sighs and gestures to her empty sword-sheath. Betimes both wits and steel fail me it seems, and I am left to fall back on magery alone. I hope that this will be enough, she finishes, a touch drily.
    Last edited by RavenGirl; 2008-07-08 at 02:16 PM.