Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
I'm looking at Burning Rush again, and if I understand the system right, it's +30 to convert it to a move action. I think that's about right for crude mid-air propulsion. Let me propose an equally crude solution.

Spoiler
Show
Firebender's Leap: A sudden jet of flames erupts from the bender's legs, allowing him to reach incredible heights. By taking a full-round action to make a jump, a firebender gains a bonus on his Jump equal to his Firebending check, and the jump is not limited by the firebender's height. An additional move action can be taken as part of this seed, but only in order to gain a running start for the jump.

Due to the nature of explosive force, the speed at which this technique is performed can affect its ability to propel the user.

When quickened to a standard action, the bender may use it to slow his fall for the next round, and every additional round he uses a standard action to maintain the flames. The firebender is treated as having fallen no more than 30 feet for the duration of this effect.

When quickened to a move action, it generates explosive force quickly enough that the bender may use it to leap even when there is nothing solid beneath his feet. However, when leaping in mid-air he must move the full distance of his Jump check, even if it carries him further than he wishes. (This restriction is not in place for a normal jump.)

By adding an additional +20 to the DC, the firebender may choose to move less than the distance he is able when leaping in mid-air, including a distance of 0 feet to hover.

Reword or discard as you see fit.
hmm, while this kind of seems to work, one thing bothers me- Ozai's maneuverability was not clumsy or poor, it's was rather good.