Nishi's surprise when Yuriko sidled up alongside him and answered his question was plain on his face. For a moment he did nothing more then blink owlishly before the childish smile returned to his face and he gave a short bow to the girl. "Ishashiken-san, I never thanked you for helping me did I? Thanks!" By the time he looked back up it looked as if he had gotten over the surprise of a team-mate approaching him for conversation and shrugged his shoulders noncommittally to the question about his bizarre transformation.

"I suppose that transformation is as good a word as any to describe that. It's...why I was chosen to be on a squad of extraordinary people like yourself and Hayame-san, it makes me a better swordsman though Yumi-sama tells me I should learn to control myself better in battle. 'A swordsman in control is a swordsman who has won.'" He nods with the last bit of wisdom he was taught, smiling widely despite the lacking explanation for what had happened and just what caused it. Why should he really explain it though? It only seemed to get him in trouble and he didn't want his new team-mates taken away so quickly. "Ohh...if you want to know more though you'll have to explain how your gift work first. Something for something, that's fair right?" At that he glanced to Tetsuo and Miharu as if to confirm it was. Apparently even trade-offs weren't something he was good at judging...