Fenix_of_Doom...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix_of_Doom View Post
A party indeed does retreat after a few encounters, usually 3-4 if they were of equal CR, because the wizard is low on spells, so is the cleric and the fighter is low on HP, sounds logical. Now I admit that there could be wizards with a tendency to nova, especially at lower levels but it is condescending to claim that everybody who does not agree with you plays this way.
About scouting: it can work, it can prevent ambushes and it can deliver you surprise/preparation rounds, the problem is that you can't assume this happens, you need to be prepared in the other cases were you can't get these advantages.
I do not assume that everyone disagreeing with me plays this way. I assume that EVERYONE plays this way: when a wizard is low on spells, it is best to retreat. But what I say is (and there is nothing condescending in there) that the way the wizard class is built, it imposes a lot of support and help from the other party members. Accepting this easily one the one hand and going through the roof for a monk using his good move and stealth to get an additional buff round on the other is inconsistent.

Giacomo, stop making a fool out of yourself, animals are probably the weakest type to shift into and versatility is everything, the differences is not marginal.
also Ravid is availeble if you somehow gain the outsider sub-type by being an aasimar or thiefling.

I kindly ask you to use different expressions, e.g. "Condescending" or "make fool of yourself", in particular in light of recent bannings, should not be used here.
Ravid remains an outsider, thanks for confirming that what I said is correct. Now you introduce getting a LA+1 or higher LA races. What kind of arguing is that? That if everyone is playing outsiders, then polymorph should be banned? OK with me. But in the normal PHB setting, banning one, should entail banning the other as well.

Leadership is in fact not available to everyone, it is a specifically only allowed if your DM agreed with it because you for example have too few PC's.
And although it is possible to use familiars to great effect, you'll never achieve the power an extra PC with a few levels less can give you. So they are once again not equal.

No, on the contrary. PHB and DMG explicitly allow it. Only the DM is called for designing the npc - that desgin is entirely to him.
But of course, basically, a DM can always houserule to play without leadership. But then balance again is an issue, as I explained.

I don't feel like commenting on the rest of it.

And I know why.

P.S. wands do not cost 5x as much in a one shot, they have 1/5 of the charges.

There is no difference- you still have to pay 5 times as much to get the same amount of charges. Which was the issue the OP had.

And, btw, a monk can use INA since his unarmed attacks are considerd manufactured or natural for such effects. I should add this to the guide's FAQ.

- Giacomo