1. - Top - End - #1998
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Beating Batman: Sir Giacomo's Guide to Monks

OK.

I just had a major insight, which can maybe help also this entire discussion.

WE ATUALLY ALL HAVE THE SAME OPINION:
    Wizards are overpowered in most campaigns, monks are underpowered in most campaigns.

My theory (which I think have provided with a lot of proof) is that this is due to the rules being misinterpreted or ignored that
    - result in overpwered wizards (e.g. automatically regaining spells overnight, never realy targeted by opponents/monsters/npcs) and
    - underpowered monks (e.g. magic items cannot be baught, partially charged wands are a ridiculous idea, stealth tactics will not result in any noteworthy amount of surprise round/and/or buff rounds)

The theory of many other posters is that the (core) rules are inherently flawed, so that overpowered wizards and underpowered monks are the result.

Now, what then is the point of this dicussion? Even if the rules interpretation I provide are in the opinion of many posters not what the RAW or even RAI says (and I say they are), then what hinders you to stop playing with overpowered wizards and underpowered monks, and just use my recommendations?
    Instead of resorting to easily broken/unbalancing houseruling clearly going against like providing move and flurry to monks, nerfing wizards and taking morph, gate, and time stop from them. Etc.

What do you think?

- Giacomo
    Last edited by Sir Giacomo; 2008-07-26 at 08:28 AM.