Trembling, the man accepts your offers of aid. Someone passes him a cloak, which he uses to cover himself.

Sedryn had enough time, however, to observe the stranger's wounds closely. They appear to be chemical or acid burns, rather than damage from actual flames.

When you return to your camp at the ruined inn, Sheyra offers him some food, which he greedily downs.

Once he has warmed up a bit and eaten, he seems to calm down a bit and begins trying to explain what happened to him. He is a young man, perhaps about 21 years old, lanky and pockmarked from acne.

"I am Corwyn of Urve. I wish I could tell you how I ended up in the woods like this, but I honestly don't know. I was hunting for rabbit in the Yuirwood, checking my traps ... I got a leg tangled up in some vines, I think ..."

His brow furrows as he tries to remember what happened next, then shakes his head, frustrated.

"Next thing I know, I'm lying naked in the middle of a clearing, nearly freezing to death. I tried to make a fire using some sticks, but it wasn't going very well. I'm not sure I would have survived the night if you hadn't rescued me!"

When Sedryn points out his burns, he looks surprised to see them.

"I hadn't even noticed! What in the lands happened to me?"