1. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

BREAKING NEWS: Rome Rules Update!

Anything this colour is an update
    Spoiler
    Show

Rome: Fall of an Empire (Or..Rise of Caeser)

(Although, this strikes me as being a very Rise of the Sithly WW....)

Affiliations:

The Senate
    Imperial Security (Masons)
    The Legions (Werewolves)
    The Citizenry

There would be X members of the senate, each with different loyalties. (Some loyal to themselves, some loyal to the senate, and at least one who's loyal to the legions...) There would also be a political aspect as the senate gets to vote on various laws that would affect the game. (Nothing TOO complex, mind you.) The senate's objective would be to eliminate traitors within their midst, and to assert control over the legions, (via the usual way, of course... Lynching, public execution, whatever). The Legions objectives would be of course to overthrow the senate and establish their alpha as Caeser.

Roles:

Senate:
    Praetor - (Special) - Carries extra influence regarding laws *
    Can veto/revoke 1 law every 3 days
    Law Votes count as 3.

Speaker of the Senate - Seer
    Senate Security - Baner

The Twist - These roles are actually voted on by the members of the senate. (Thus, the one loyal to the Legions could find themselves actually being the seer, or the baner. (They of course DO NOT know the identity of the legion's members at the start!)) Given the election idea, killing the one who holds the role merely triggers a new vote for the role, all of which is done via PM to the narrators.

* Special - if a Pro-legion member of the senate is elected to the position, and there are at least twice as many legion members than senate members, the game is over with a legion victory. (Makes sense, considering that's pretty much how it went historically...)

Legion:
    Julius Caeser - Legion Alpha
    Tacitus - Legion Devil
    Augustus - Affiliation Seer (Ie, can only see senate member's affiliation)

Devil & Affiliation Seer are chosen by Caeser

LEGION DOES NOT KNOW PRO-LEGION MEMBERS OF SENATE AT START OF GAME!

Citizenry - I'm not so sure the Lover's role belongs in this game... so I'm at a loss for any citizenry roles.... I suppose that the senate could be expanded by a public election, and the player with the most votes finds themselves elected to the senate.

Note: - The Senate would be known to all players at the start of the game, as that is key to the flavour of the game. In order to counteract the advantage this would give to the legions, the following rule would be in effect - No Senate member could be killed by the legions until the Imperial Security is eliminated. (Senate members could still by lynched of course.) Should a senate member be targeted, the attack is ineffective.

Laws: These are special conditions that can influence the game either postively or negatively. One law shall be randomly proposed during each day face. The senate can vote laws into the constitution, spend time debating (Pass on law passing) or in the case of the Praetor, veto or revoke. In order to keep things far, and so that this particular feature can be implemented in later games with reasonable ease, the system will work as follows: I, in consultation with the other narrators, will make a deck of cards, (Which will only physically exist in my posession) which will be shuffled each time a new law is to be voted into order. The laws will include such things as:

Public Execution - the senate immediately votes and one player is lynched on top of the normal day lynch. (Can only pass if 80% of senate vote in favour of using law)

Martial Law - Senate can draft up to two players into senate guard. (Yes, this means they can accidentally hire the legion to guard them)

Emergency Powers - Praetor gains 3 extra votes, for total of 6 votes.

Senate Disbanded - Immediate vote for new senate to be formed. Open to all players.

These are subject to change.

This is just the basic thoughts I had. It could be fleshed out a great deal more later, but I'd prefer to have some creative help as far as that's concerned. Thoughts, suggestions or outright burning in effigy for this heresy would all be appreciated!

In other news, Supagoof and Dallas-Dakota have agreed to be my co-narrators for this game.
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2008-08-08 at 12:18 AM.