View Single Post

Thread: Gods in Glass IC

1. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

Sesketh

Sesketh bid farewell to the gods, ready to return to his duties.

"To you, Aresk, I have this to say: we will meet again, on the battlefield. I see the usefulness of the other gods, but I don't pretend we were meant to coexist. I SWEAR that my armies will one day rid this world of you and your wretched angels!"

With these words, the Lord of War left for his desert fortress. He discovered, much to his dismay, that some of the Ensi had embraced love and lust despite his warnings. However, they had already been dealt with by the High Warrior-Priest of Basalt Keep, named Simet, who sentenced them to exile. Sesketh was impressed. Exile was a fate far worst than death.

The Scorpion God decided to appear to Simet in the middle of a meditation session. The High Priest fell down on his knees and covered his eyes. This was a great honor, and Simet remembered to stay humble as to not anger his god. Sesketh spoke:

"Rise, son of the Scorpion! (Simet obeyed without a thought.) You have served your god well. You have achieved the highest rank of the priesthood and lead the Ensi people with strength and wisdom. You will be rewarded accordingly. Feel the might of Sesketh! Praise him as his power flow into your frail mortal body! BE MY CHAMPION!"

The sensation was akin to being engulfed in a fiery inferno. Yet the pain was brief. Soon, Simet was in complete control of his body again. The power flowed in his veins, empowering him. His eyes had become as black as Sesketh's.

"Good. I will also share my knowledge with you." Numerous gilded scroll cases appeared at Simet's feet. "Inside you will find descriptions of martial techniques to improve your people's art. One of my greatest foe wields strange and powerful magicks. Such techniques will help you to defend yourselves against enemy spellcasters. You must develop the inner strength of your body as well as your soul. In time, the Ensi will be able to practice what I have called blade magic."

And Sesketh left the High Priest's presence.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 03:34 PM.