Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
Which leads to the important question:
Is there a Ciaphas Cain unit, and, if not, why not?
Model-wise... I Googled this earlier, to see if anyone else had made the Salamander diorama. Turned out they hadn't (or my Google-fu is lacking), but it does turn out that the Black Library made a special-edition miniature, details of which can be found on this Warseer thread.

So far, nobody's written rules for Cain. Maybe he'll turn up in the 5e Guard Codex; after all, Gaunt got a place in the current one. On the other hand, the HERO's personality might be hard to represent in rules. Supposedly there will be a 'Commissar Lord' in the 5e 'dex, which could cover the inspiration he gives to the troops as well as his skills with laspistol and chainsword.
[hr]
No worries, Gunslinger! As far as I know, though, the things I mentioned are the same in 4e. The only thing changed for 5e is the inability to Consolidate into close combat in that particular regard.

And speaking of 5e, I like the new book; doesn't change too much, and the changes it does make are generally pretty good (great to be able to shoot at the Genestealers once they're in my lines!), and the background section is perhaps better than ever (there's a lovely map of an Ork Waaaagh!, notable only because of the fantastic Orky style in which it is drawn).