View Single Post

Thread: Zenith Watch #4: A Miracle of Science

1. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zenith Watch #4: A Miracle of Science

"Preventing Shadow agents from slipping past you in their own base is going to be, to say the least, dicey. Rigging it to blow up risks hurting the Adrian girl if they take her there. Rigging it to break down means pitting your improvisation skills against Shadow agents experienced with their own tech, and I'd rather minimize risks here. If they teleport her to another base, this is going to be Bad, with capital B."
    For the umpteenth time Doublethink felt his leadership undermined by Checkmate, and when he tried to assist with the planning he was brick walled with irrefutable logic. He wasn't a sore looser and would follow along with Checkmate's plan as long as it seemed the best way to rescue the girl. Doublethink knew many colleagues in both scientific and religious circles who wouldn't give up when they were proven wrong. Doublethink liked to consider himself above them, but realized he didn't like it any more than them; it was just so rarely that he found himself so throughly out-planned in the field in combat.

It was funny, Chekcmate's letting the Zenith Watch into his base actually rekindled some of Doublethink's suspicions. Checkmate has proven himself so devious and so able to plan ahead that there really was no way to tell whose side he was on. DT knows Professor Cryo is no fool, and keeping such a dangerous individual in the Cryodome seems very risky. Doublethink also realizes he is probably just a tad jealous. However, there is nothing wrong with being suspicious before you lock yourself in enemy territory.

All of this resolves into "Alright, lets go" with a tad of annoyance.

When Doublethink materializes he already has his game face on, and greets the opponents with a "Surprise!" and a spray of bullets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Autofire for good measure.

((I'd advise against using extra effort without canceling it with a Hero Point so early, we can take these agents without breaking a sweat. I wouldn't worry about hitting an alarm, the shadow base probably knows we're here already.))
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2008-08-19 at 11:05 AM.
    "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"