Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
Beef tongue = Delicious. VERY rich though.

Tripe = See above.

Pork brains = Haven't tried these yet.

Spam = "But I don't like spam!"

Alligator = Better you eating him than him eating you. Seriously though, it's something you have to eat if you're a Floridian. That, frog legs, and conch...I've had two out of three.

I draw the line at live squid, though.
SPAM?!?! This is a sophisticated discussion about the merits of tongue, brains, scaled monsters, and primitive sealife! How dare you bring something as nasty as.... SPAM into... um....

Seriously though, isn't beef tongue just the greatest? It's the beefiest part of the cow, and therefore the beefiest meat in the world, beef coming mainly from cows. It has the texture of liver, which some find off-putting, but I actually find liver rather pleasant; it tastes very good, and the texture, though strange, is not unlikeable, but rather simply alien in nature; it's very unique, and can weird someone out if they've never had it before. But tongue? Accept no substitute!

Conch is actually the one thing from the list I've not had. My father has had it though on a visit to the Keys, and reports that it is excellent. I trust his judgment, him being something of an expert on great food; an excellent griller if ever there was one, we mark Memorial Day as brightly as Independence Day at our house, and not just because of the veteran thing.

I've never had tripe or brain, but I would be at least willing to try brain, and perhaps even tripe if I thought it looked and smelled presentable enough. As I said, I'm something of a gourmand, and I'd hate to think I was missing out on something delightful.

As far as live squid goes, I don't have any idea. But the dead ones are yummeh-yummeh.

You know, all this might not lead you to believe that I am, in fact, rail-thin.

Oh yeah: I also heard ox heart was incredible. Can any of you confirm or deny this?