View Single Post

Thread: Dota anyone?

1. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dota anyone?

I'm on US west as flib. I can host and use an autorefresher, but, unfortunately, no banlist or listchecker for us dirty mac users. So I can't tell if someone will drop out due to lag (The main point of BL IMO these days).

I find em games tend to have more leavers then most non-em games. But then, em games also go quicker.

Don't forget for Dazzle that his AoE also ups your friends armor, and it's dirt cheap in casting cost.

I agree with Cynan, that an em game alienates more heroes than a non-em game. Mostly because in em, a lot of the best gankers/int heroes/etc. loose their importance at a greater speed because farming happens so fast. Early game doesn't matter as much.

Meanwhile, in non em, the carry heroes that do so well in em, while can still do well, take much longer to get to that point. Which I like. Because I honestly hate seeing a game where the team picks 5 carries, and wins. Which I find happens in EM a lot, though can be stopped if they aren't that good. That and my favorite part of Dota has always been early and mid game, especially when playing puck, NA, etc.

Story time: I once got stuck in an arem game with a friend, the enemy team was full of the killer carries, but somehow we took them all on with just lesherac/crystal maiden. Largely, we took them all on only because none of them got a linkens or bkb, but still, it was satisfying considering our kill count near the end of the game, despite them having the good items.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2008-08-28 at 01:05 AM.