View Single Post

Thread: Dota anyone?

1. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dota anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kizara View Post
    Axe doesn't fill the same role on a team that undying would, but I agree he's more generally team-useful.

And yes, Axe needs a dagger. As for the dual-van question: no, that's stupid.
    Get one and then build something like a BKB, heart, AC or other such carry str hero items.

I mean, if you want to buy the second vit booster early to turn it into a heart later, I could see that being extremely viable.

As for meepo being a 'swarmer', I would claim he is. It is difficult to deal with him unless you have a powerful burst effect or good aoe (IE lina rapes him) because he overwhelms you with his clones. Also, I forgot brood in my list there, probably one of the best swarmers in the game.

EDIT: Tomarrow (thursday) I am going to be hosting games for the GitP DotA group using my LC, starting from about 4pm MST to until I get sick of it (possibly very late). All are welcome that have any idea how to play. I dont expect most people to be anywhere near as good as me, but that's fine. I will be hosting any non-em game mode people like, probably mostly -RDSP or -APSP.
    Ah, but you missed my point about axe that I was raising in that he's good against swarmers, specifically undying, and is excellent against an early game pushing brood(Hate brood ult, Brood ult is stupid with it's low cool down). I wasn't saying he fills the same role as undying. A hood isn't a bad idea if you build it early on him and the enemy team is loaded with spell damage.

I can also act as a host, sans LC.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2008-09-04 at 02:05 PM.