Spoiler
Show
Hello all! Sorry for vanishing like that, it has been a lot of work moving into my house and I still don’t have a roommate. So Reagord has bothered me enough to sit on my window seal and use the Internet that is in and out. So yes yes. On to the post.

As an assumption I am assuming you all know each other and are traveling together. You don’t have to know each other well. Just kinda.

It was a bright sunny day in Davenport where the children were running around happily chasing chickens around the street. “Chickenchaser!” they would call out as an announcement of the game they were playing. They would bait each other into chasing the chickens one by one as the adults would scold them liberally.

The city was a bustle as folks of all creeds and kinds moved about the market place. This town looked happy and full of life at least thinking life. You had recently visited so many towns with their denizens looking like mindless zombies. In this town of commerce there seemed to be no problems that you could see.

There was a classic inn with a bar attached at the side, almost like an unwanted rickety shack. A large church of Pelor shone brightly from the center of town, pillars of marble erected all around the temple with large sun faces on them. Besides the normal shops like the armory, food shop, and magic shop there were markets and merchants along every street trying to sell their wares.

The streets were cobblestone indicating the city’s wealth from all the trading, considering the large wall that had been erected to keep those that were unwanted out. Every fifty feet around the wall there was a watch guard tower that had its entrance facing the city. There were four large double doors that remained shut and were mainly for show, they faced north, south, west, and east. There were smaller doors that had been cut into them that allowed wagons and people to pass through them. While the city guards kept a close eye and guard on those that passed in and out of the city.

You are currently standing in the center of town which is a wide sun shaped circle about three hundred meters all around. In the center there is a large multi-tiered fountain made of what appears to be gold and a sun face on the top that had the illusion of the water holding up. There were large tents and busy people jostling and bustling around you.