1. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: 123, The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 111

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    As I expected, the idea that the entire thing was an illusion has been completely discredited. It WAS an ambush after all, as I said. I anticipate getting my other predictions to be shown as being correct in the near future because I don't need elaborate theories to make a go of what I come up with. As Pclips said, he's just trying to tell a story, not come up with wacky weird stuff to keep you unable to guess where everything is going.

Good page overall.
    There was one good reason to suspect a trick. Since the end of the story is getting nigh, it seems appropriate that Stanley should either die or return to Gobwin Knob. Having him settle at Faq seems anti-climactic, but having him die at this moment would end Parson's plan unsatisfactorily. Perhaps Stanley will die after virtually all of Parson's plan is complete, but there is still the issue of what to do about Charlie. It seems doubtful that Parson can resist the mercenary Overlord after grinding his forces down against Ansom unless he gets the Tool's air force back home.

Looking for a way to make that happen, some of us seized upon a possible Jack Snipe trick.
    Last edited by Vreejack; 2008-09-21 at 05:10 PM.