1. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: 123, The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 111

Quote Originally Posted by VariaVespasa View Post
    I'm still thinking her part *may* be elsewhere in this turns battle, although thats by no means certain. It may just be that Parsons 60% chance of survival is due to being able to concentrate his forces on the walls for the next Jetstone turn, due to the tunnels being effectively destroyed as a Jetstone attack option this turn, in which case she's free to run amok, and, more importantly, expend her budgeted caster energy in the tunnel battle now. We shall see. :)
    *looks upwards*
    But what about Charlie? In PG's shoes I'd *hate* to have to rely on Charlie's continued goodwill/curiousity/greed for the wellbeing of my garrison. Sure, he's demonstrated that he can be put off with talk, at least for a while, but *I* wouldn't want to rely on that for the survival of my side.
    Assuming, through Wanda's actions, that GK can end this turn with enough force to stop charlie just waltzing into the garrison, *surely* that's what PG *has* to do, even if it means risking loosing the walls to JS?
    OTOH, if there's just no stopping charlie whatever, & it just comes down to trusting/stalling him, then you might as well stack the walls and tunnels *shrug* Personally though, as a gamer, if it gets to the stage where I *have* to trust another player, especially a mercenary booper like charlie, I'd already consider that I'm booped and that it's just a matter of practicing my defensive strategies until the end comes.
    Is Parson winging it cos that's his only option, or does he have a plan for dealing with charlie? (& by that I mean one that's more solid than hoping that his mad (AFAHK) foolamancer persuades the tool to return in time)

EDIT:
    Well its not just Wanda maybe uncroaking some Jetstone units down in the tunnels to provide Sizemore with some (comparitively minor) reinforcements that we're talking about here- she may very well also be providing her humongous bonus while commanding uncwoaked units to augment his defense as well. We dont know enough to know if warlord or caster bonuses stack or not, but, especially for casters, they might, and since her bonus is strongly suggested to be even bigger than Sizemores that would be some serious oomph down there. Even if they dont stack its still a bigger bonus than Sizemores which has gotta help, and if she can heal her undead like Sizemore can heal his golems, then... We didnt actually know that Sizemore could heal his golems before this strip, did we? Wanda likely has a similar (but different) unrevealed undead-augmenting/assisting croakamancy ability for her undead.
    Agreed, wherever Wanda is deployed, the bonuses that she gives uncroaked units under her command are almost certain to be part of PG's plan.
    Last edited by HPV; 2008-09-21 at 08:31 PM.