1. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 123, The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 111

Quote Originally Posted by Vreejack View Post
    There was one good reason to suspect a trick. Since the end of the story is getting nigh, it seems appropriate that Stanley should either die or return to Gobwin Knob. Having him settle at Faq seems anti-climactic, but having him die at this moment would end Parson's plan unsatisfactorily. Perhaps Stanley will die after virtually all of Parson's plan is complete, but there is still the issue of what to do about Charlie. It seems doubtful that Parson can resist the mercenary Overlord after grinding his forces down against Ansom unless he gets the Tool's air force back home.

Looking for a way to make that happen, some of us seized upon a possible Jack Snipe trick.

I cannot guess whether or not Stanley will eventually go back (not enough information) BUT those that subscibed to this baseless speculation dismissed the more compelling evidence. Examples, Jami essentially told us that it was wrong, Jillian's group was set up at the pass, Stanley was at the pass, Jillian was clearly in the tenth pannel and not the eleventh, veiling can only be effectively done at the end of turn...

And it was a majority who was thinking along these lines, hardly a few. I'm not going to do a bunch of gloating though. I made several observations about this, if each of these seemingly minority opinions is proven (as I am confident they will be), then that will give me cred that my minimalist ideas of no big suprises will be confirmed.

Maybe I should keep a list. I don't mind putting my ability of analyses on the line. Either I got certain portions of this storyline figured out or I don't.

List:

-Not an illusion. Check

-Assuming the tiny figures on page 122 are all warlords, there are 12 vamp warlords. That's kind of a lame one actually... I mean, I'm completely covering myself either way. Oh well, point is, I take this page as being more potentially significant then the previous one that only showed 11 vamp Warlords.

-You can ambush when you have Warlords. Check.

- The Vamp Chief is worried about the foolmancer not for the ambush but for hiding Stanley after he breaks out of the ambush.

- Stanly will not be able to make it to FAQ or if he can make it will not be able to ressurect FAQ this turn.

-If Jack attempts at some point to make Stanley go back to GK, it will not be through magical trickery during this battle.

-Wanda cannot be the predicamancer unless there is some sort of foreshadowing that states that a caster can change their primary profession, which there has not been (managing other magics at an amateur level is not the same).

- Assuming it is not Wanda, the actual predicamancer was killed at Gobwin Knob when the Gobwins took over. It's possible she went into hiding as well and may appear at an opportune moment.

-No member of Gobwin Knob that we currently know about is controling Stanley through magical means, except, possibly, the arkenhammer.

Earliest prediction that I recall making:
    Stanly's side is the evil one. Check. There are some interesting suprises and with the nobility hatres of commoners as overlords it could have gone the other way but Stanley is plainly the aggressor.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2008-09-22 at 12:02 AM.