1. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 123, The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 111

Quote Originally Posted by Vreejack View Post
    In an absence of foreshadowing, predicting what turns the plot is going to take is like predicting the price of gold ten years out. Pick your favorite euphemism for guesswork.
    Such an amusing analogy because, like the plot of Erfworld, which has a great deal of foreshadowing, gold prices were/are certainly predictable, in a genral sense at least. At least gold action is knowable to someone with a firm understanding of the fundementals and a background of austrian economics, which is the economics of truth, unlike the keynesian, inflate until we die, style to familiar to most people.

Not saying I understood it back then but my investment broker did. He coaxed me into gold and commodities over the years. I finally stated investing right after 9/11 and kept growing my position since. Done rather well too. When the comodities pulled back this year my gurus said buy and the prices hare rebounded. They said all so many things and have been right consitantly on the genreal treand. Here is a fun prediction. Gold will be 1650$ sometime before 2012. This was a prediction made way back over 5 years ago.

If your interested in a guy that understands the larger economical trend of gold, go to Jim Sinclair's website. He also called the top (and by top, I mean he called it the exact day it topped and sold for massive profits) in the last gold run up in the 70's.

I'd also try going here the podcasts on this website have the wisdom of a man that has been getting it right for a long time now and is sharing his wisdom to anyone that wishes to listen. The financial "experts" on TV generally don't know what's going on. They didn't predict the housing bubble or the tech one (my guys did), yet somehow they think they know we are in a commodity bubble? I think not. It's a bull market and it's ongoing.

Trends are predicable (though the specifics can and will suprise), you just need the right tools of understanding.

Also, the main reason I hated the dwagon doughnut trap failing is because it broke a trope for me. It still makes me mad looking at it. They already establish insurmountable odds and then they go and make it more unwinabble? Hated that moment.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2008-09-23 at 02:04 AM.