At the base of the stairs is a great chamber. At this point Strolon will know nothing more. There was something important down here, and he knew it, but not even the staff's favorite student could gain these secrets.

There were 4 doors in the southern wall all black with silver runes protecting them. The center of this room at the base of the stairs had an old stone podium. When all of you are here the doors above you slam shut, and a green whirlwind spins on the podium.

It takes the form of a human, glowing in the eerie green. It is some old wizard looking man in ghost form. He smiles and looks pleased at seeing you.
"Ah... students. Hard times? Well, the tests to get to the secrets can be performed by students. But, only those showing true regard for the university may finish. You will become powerful, but it must be needed if they've awakened me." He looks to Veriben holding the staff wand. "Have they trained you on that? Be careful, they have been known to back-fire. Anyway, these 4 doors hold different paths. Once you choose one, you won't be able to go back. There may be many choices like this. I would like to tell you youths that this isn't dangerous... but it is. The professors may try to get you help as they can, some have left gifts down here in anticipation hundreds of years ago for such an event. Never once has this campus been threatened, and even in death I will not allow it. I can aid you 3 times, but only for advice and history. I want to warn you, I am a little out-of-date on modern histories."