Thanks guys

And yea, I agree about the new metagame that is much more revolved around farming. The problem, imo, is that the reward versus risk involved in ganking is not worth it anymore.

For 1-2 heroes to leave their lane to gank is that much lost experience (yea, paid back after a kill prolly), and that much time lost farming (you will not ever get more money by ganking that you could by staying to farm). An hero kill is worth what, 4-5 creeps? With good last hitting skills, it's quite easy to achieve in the time it takes to gank, and with far, far less risk. Ganks can go bad (ie you or a teamate dying), fail (no kills and only a small delay in the ganked's farming) or succeed (which result in a minor setback for the ganked hero in gold and xp lost, but a small bonus gold for the killer, and some xp shared among the gankers).

So yea, to resume what I said, the low-reward-to-risk-ratio in ganking encourages farming and a farming game.

As for 1v1s, I've never done really any, because I always thought that the huge part of the game that is left out doesnt make the practice you get in laning skills worth the time really. So, I will ask, is 1v1 to practice laning skills worth the time? I don't think my laning skills are in my worse points, but I guess if it's worth it I should give it a try.