View Single Post

Thread: Mafia VIII Game Thread - Day 6

1. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia VIII Game Thread - Day 1

Patting her blond curls, Maisie Price stepped off the train and surveyed her new surroundings. What a dump. This city she had ended up in had sure seen better days. Hardly a place where she was likely to land a job on the classier side of things, and she didn't want to end up dancing in some two-bit caberet. She looked at the name Lawrence had given her the last time she'd seen him. This fellow better be legit. I wouldn't put it past him to recommend me for a job at a gentleman's club. I suppose he was trying to do right by me... but he could have done a lot better! So much for all his promises. She should have known that he would never leave his wife, the old witch was the one with the money and he wasn't about to give that up, not even for all of Maisie's charms. She should never have listened to that scummy PI. That double-crossing low-life had gone and convinced her to try and get what she could never had, convinced her to take those photos for leverage over Larry, when really he had been working for the wife all along. Turns out Mrs. L. was pretty devious herself. Devious enough to endow a struggling dance company with the stipulation that all the dancers be of good character and let the owners know that a certain Miss Price did not meet that criteria. Somehow this information had also reached all the prospective employers in the area, as well as Miss Price's landlady at her rooming house. So it was time to start all over. Larry had given her a little money, she would have to make it last as long as she could. I suppose that means no cabs. This is going to take some getting used to. With a sigh she picked up her suitcase and began walking. She passed The Phantom working in his rose garden. "Excuse me sir? Could you tell me the way to some suitable lodgings for a young lady?"
    Last edited by SweetLikeLemons; 2008-09-29 at 12:35 AM. Reason: forgot the red text
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!