View Single Post

Thread: The Unknown World - Adventuring!

1. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Unknown World - Adventuring!

Lukas and Therian plunge in through the unlocked doorway. The room beyond is some sort of living room and shows clear signs of recent use - unwashed plates and mugs piled on the low table, sacks and boxes shoved into one corner in an untidy pile. A wooden staircase leads up to the next floor and a door, still swinging from some recent impact, leads through to the kitchen and presumably an alley beyond - the 'bang' of the back door as it slams open is clearly audible.

Darion's bounty hunting instincts have served him well, however, and he is well positioned to intercept the fleeing man - for it is a man, dressed in old clothes and ill-fitting light armour, and with a dirt-streaked and panicked face - as he sprints away from the scene.

Darion's Strength check = (d20+3)[4]
    The man's Strength check = (d20+2)[13]

Ouch. =/

Darion manages to get his hands on the man for just a moment, long enough to smell that he hasn't bathed in some time, and then the fleeing man's momentum lets him tear free from the bounty hunter's grasp. Sprinting across the street he disappears down another alleyway at speed, leaving only a ragged triangle of cloth in Darion's hands - marked with the insignia of Baron Vexous.

OOC: A rough map will be coming soon in case you want to pursue/shoot/etc.

Actually, forget that (at least until I get home). Shooting's not really an option anyway; if you want to chase him, let's make it a Level 1 Skill Challenge. I'll set a basic DC when I get home.
    Last edited by potatocubed; 2008-10-01 at 09:14 AM.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.