1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Arena Tournament, Round 49: Kor Battleborn and MitS vs Leaf and Cyn

A couple of things I noticed:

1. The Hippogrif is large size but I dont think that 2 medium creatures can ride it at the same time. It does not say in any rulebook that it is allowed, and by going with the Horse rules, I'd say you cant. (since you need a large mount to use in the first place)

2. You are both riding bareback, so you both take -5 penalty to ride checks. You need an exotic saddle BTW...

3. Think that a hippogrif is ill suited for as a mount (I might be wrong) so you take another -5 penalty to ride checks.

4. According to the "Stay in Saddle" rules, you have to make a ride check to stay in saddle if your mount rears or bolts unexpectantly or if you take damage.

5. According to the Hippogrif rules on "Training a Hippogrif", it says that you have to train it before it can bear a rider in combat. That would imply that he is not trained for war and that you need to roll ride checks for it to do anything at all, since it is currently in combat...

So yeah, awaiting the refs with ref hats on...
    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-10-06 at 11:33 PM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars