Quote Originally Posted by Amalthea
:P If someone says they're taking the action of bonking someone on the head with a lead sheet, and made their attack role, I'd tell the victim to make a Fortitude save, because it's realistic that someone hit in the head with a lead sheet would be either stunned or knocked completely unconscious. I don't particularly care if the rules don't cover the situation.
My point is that regardless of one's current sum of hitpoints, it is realistic for someone hit in the head with ~65 pounds of lead to be knocked unconscious. ::)
Thats where things also get grey because HP isn't just damage.

If you strike someone with 100hp and inflict 10hp of damage, it wasn't a direct head on blow. A glance or near miss. That would be like the sheet of lead hitting a shoulder or arm as they move to the side.

I agree that logic is logic, but sometimes you have to look within how the rules define their own logic and play with that. Otherwise you end up with cases where players look to play the logic game to sidestep the rules.

And really at that point, a sheet of lead makes a better weapon than a greatsword because it bypasses subdual damage and you end up with Metal Sheet Specializions in the party... ;D