Quote Originally Posted by MrWeaver View Post
Good points, but you missed my argument by a margin :)

What I'm saying is that because of this probabilty thing, you could put Wanda in a given situation where she has to take a choice and rather than staying true to her character, there must exist a small chance of her taking the other choice, possibly acting out of character to do so.

So repeat the situation identically many times, a there will be instance where the dice rolls such that she makes a radical move instead of what her character would naturally do.

This is on the premise of the probability base on such games. I'm trying to demonstrate the conflict between this, and a characters own personality present in any such game, D&D for example and the deaded natural 1 :D

EDIT: I really see whatcha say... a failed loyalty check does not have to mean acting OoC, could even just plant doubt - So that's worth considering, but I wanna put emphesis on this probability guiding units and characters, rather than just representing their skills or personality.

It's only out of character if the story you make up to explain the dice roll is out of character. Then it's on you, not the character.

There is always a reason to betray. "She's really cute."
There is always a reason to stay loyal. "My wife cooks a really mean steak."

Decide to stay or go, and either story is in character.

(I like steak. I stayed.)