Warning, MASSIVE sod spoiler. There about 50% of the story main plot points below.

Spoiler
Show

Team evil has been down in Azure City for now six months if I recall correctly. I'm of course assuming that Daigo didn't waste any time mating after they left. This is disturbing. I don't think the "must learn more about the gates before we move on" excuse could satisfy Xykon that long. Sod gave me thoughs that this + 2 to intelligence you get by transforming into a Lich has gave him enough brains to realise that Redcloak knows he can't learn anything else around the city.

Therefore, if they a still sitting there, doing nothing, Xykon has an intrest in doing so. It could be that he believes no existing force can now stop him for getting the next gate, so he can take his time and let Redcloak resolve the matter of the new goblin nation.

Speaking of which, if Reddie truly puts his mind to it, and I think he's doing that right now, his ultimate goal which is to establish a fully fonctionnal goblin nation his being furfilled at the moment. Why would he need to further the Plan any longer? Because then he would have the assurance nobody would try to retake the city by fear of the Snarl? I stand pretty convinced that's not enough of a reason to further endanger the fabric of the universe. I would rather seek a way to re-seal the gates and try my luck of uniting all goblins of the world into one big nation which would use the Azurite ancient territorry has their new fertile country. And maybe work out with the other races of the world to be diplomatically regonized has a race worthy of sharing the world with them fairly.

That would imply getting rid of Xykon, fast. And throw away all that "I killed my brother so now if I turn back on my ideas he would have died in vain" crap and just addmit he was mistaken when he did so and that now he should seek the forgiveness of his departed brother by actually letting go of the Plan and try something less insane that using a god-killing abomination as a tool, which sounds, and always did, VERY risky.

Oh well, I guess we'll just wait and see what comes up on #600 :)