Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
Magtok takes a seat on the box, which flies up so he's at eye level with Happy as he wraps his fingers together in a typical villainous fashion.

Ah, that. Well, everyone else was giving the two of you wedding presents, and neither of us had anything, so we decided to both present something.

Hold on a sec, let me show you something. And it was the Fanboy, Phase. The ex-vampire figment.

Magtok reaches into his robes, and pulls out a button, which causes the room to darken, and a night sky hologram to cover the ceiling. He tucks away the button, and makes a broad, sweeping motion towards the ceiling.

You see all of that, Happy? All of that multiplied infinite beyond us? We're really nothing more than insects, Happy, in this infinite multiverse of ours. Even the gods aren't anything more than slightly larger insects. So to answer your question, no, my actions weren't necessary, none of them are, in the grand scheme of things.

He then turns off the display.

On a smaller scale, one in which we people have meaning and significance and such, the answer to your question is yes. I need to keep my audience entertained, dear, or they'll eat me alive.

Do you have any idea what is was like here, a long time ago? I died on a near-regular basis, in the most horribly unpleasant ways! Swords, guns, spells, fire and ice, light and darkness, I've experienced it all, and have the mental scars and records to prove it!

So, when GLoG came along and presented itself, I had to ask myself: If I have to be a bit of a bully to keep my nose out of that kind of abusive relationship with the others, is it truly worth it?! What about morals and ethics and all those other things normies care about?! Are they worth reducing my own eternal suffering at home to something tolerable?! Don't I know about karma, and that I'm just delaying my inevitable return to status as the world's pincushion?!

Magtok then seems to calm down, and smiles.

But you didn't come here to hear me try to justify myself, did you? You came to be angry, to make me weep for forgiveness, and try to make amends. That's right, isn't it? Well, I'll do whatever you say, Happy. I'll pay the hospital bill, go all the way to GLoG to apologize to Fan, let him stab me in the heart, if that's what you want.
Phase begins to clap before hearing the last sentence.

"Wait, what? Forgiveness? Magtok! She's a goodie! Don't fall to her 'lies'! She'll convince that you're actually nice or something! Fight it, man!"