Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
As Kireyn and Daran stiffen, then relax back to normal, EVERYONE hears a cry on the wind: a horn is blowing, like a military command. it's a raw-sounding blast, obviously a large horn.

Those of you who've fought Trollocs before know exactly what type of horn it is...
Kireyn doesn't seem to immediately react to the smoke on the breeze: her eyes go distant, and her whole body tenses.

As the horn blast rings out, her eyes focus again, and she takes a deep breath. It's obvious she's trying to appear calm, and equally obvious she's not quite succeeding.

"That's a Trolloc warhorn," she says, her voice colorless. She glances over at Daran. And Vera confirms our fears. Her gaze flits over the rest of the group, but she does not speak further, waiting to see what the warriors will say and do.

Her gaze catches again on the dark sword. I can at least ensure that no one - human or Shadowspawn - picks up that accursed blade. She gathers strands of the Power and wraps them around the sword, trapping it in a bubble of hardened Air. "We should be able to leave the sword here safely. I've shielded it to prevent people from touching it - or the murderer from coming back to retrieve his weapon."

Spoiler
Show
Casting Harden Air from a L0 slot - my Air affinity gives the effect of a L1 weave, which is a 3ft radius sphere. Since that's 6ft diameter and the sword can't be THAT big, I think that should be enough to contain it. Kireyn will tie off the weave.