Calith

Calith bit back his initial reaction. "As long as she doesn't make me bow, scrape, and call her Master or Mistress, I believe we should be able to deal with the inconvenience. Confidentially, I believe we both have at least one or two secrets that we wouldn't like her to nose around in. War brings out the worst in a man."

Force user or not was left unspoken, but could easily be implied.

"We have a right to be nervous. All you must do is remember what the 'patience' they preached cost our friends...how many could have been saved..." His voice trailed off. No matter how much better he handled it than some other vets he met, he bore scars through the Force of the actions that happened. They were his burden to bear...the price of saving lives. It all must balance. He had taken so much hurt in...

Calith took a quick, firm breath in and out, eager to put it behind him before the darkness creeps up again. In that respect, the Jedi were right. It is seductive, calling to you in moments of weakness. Knowing when one can call on it and when to rely on your own strength is the most powerful tool anyone can have. Does that make him evil? No; merely human.