Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lanky View Post
Realistically, you should be able to take a Martial Weapon and do one of the following to it:

-Increase the damage one die-step (e.g. 1d6 to 1d8)
-Increase the critical threat range by one (e.g. 20/x2 to 19-20/x2)
-Increase the critical threat multiplier by one (e.g. 20/x3 to 20/x4)
-Give it some sort of unique method of use (e.g. the Whip, Bolas, or Shuriken)
-Make it a double-weapon (e.g. the Halfling Rapier-Flail, one head being treated as a Rapier and the other being treated as a Flail)
This is very helpful thank you! I just need to find a suitable base... which brings me on to -

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
This would be closer, although by no means exact. Basically an S-shaped scythe haft, allowing greater control, stop-reverse etc. with gripping areas.
First off, I must say, I love how this has become a thread on bad-ass scythe designs now Although I'm not entirely sure how one would use this other than with close range gut swipes and bailing dodged blows early as so not to open yourself for easy hits. But I am liking the idea of a scythe again, I had much fun with the chaotic crits and awesome style that the scythe gives.

I'm thinking along the lines of a more slight version of afroakuma's recurve scythe handle... but with the outer side of the blade sweeping back up to make an axe head on the end and then returning to the handle with only a slight curve to it... basically creating an even more bizzare weapon than the Halfling Rapier-Flail! Think Zeful's suggested "scythe" but one sided and the two cresents meeting on the sides to form an axe head (and the upper curve lessened).

However, should I use the base of a scythe, or great-axe? and when combining the features, should i take averages/ move the stats so they follow that of Return of Lanky's guidelines so its more middle grounded... such as...

{table=head]Weapon | Cost | Dmg (S) | Dmg (M) | Dmg (L) | Critical | Weight | Type
Scythe | 18 gp | 1d6 | 2d4 | 2d6 | ×4 | 10 lb. |Piercing or slashing
Greataxe | 20 gp | 1d10 | 1d12 | 3d6 | ×3 | 12 lb. |Slashing
|
Axebase (crit) | ? gp | 1d10 | 1d12 | 3d6 | ×4 | 12 lb. |Piercing or slashing
Scythebase (dam dice) | ? gp | 1d8 | 2d6 | 2d8 | ×4 | 12 lb. |Piercing or slashing
Scythe (dam size)| ? gp | 2d4 | 2d6 | 3d6 | ×4 | 12 lb. |Piercing or slashing
Average | ? gp | 1d8 | 1d10 | 2d8 | 19-20/×2 | 12 lb. |Piercing or slashing
[/table]

Or, ya know, whatever you guys thinks fits such an odd weapon (help)