Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
@ UNE
Spoiler
Show

Do not compare us to the NAC which seeked to enslave the Roman people during the course of the Holy War.

Our people are allowed to voice any greviances they have with the Senate through regulated and scheduled townhall meetings. It is how we find out the needs and desires of our citizens. Many of those who regularly attend these meetings are then later appointed to local political positions so that they may better serve their communities.

You speak of the Inquisition like it is a boogeyman or Big Brother looking over everyone's shoulder. It is not, they rarely concern themselves with the affairs of state and attend mostly to mundane religious matters and the internal security of the Church itself.

Nor his Prince Amedeo our ruler. He leads the Church, the Senate leads the state. We do not concern ourselves with matters of the Church which is his domain and he does not concern himself with matters of the state.
NRE
Spoiler
Show

I speak as I find. You have done the same throughout. Why shouldn't I?

You speak of indefinabilities, of uncertainties. Your people are still unable to hold political office, without approval from those who already hold it . That is not representationalism in government. The Senate, unless I grievously misunderstand, is under no actual obligation to follow the will of it's people. The Inquisition has total power, even if they choose not to use it.

And telling me that your church and state are not intertwined are foolish. You are the only state to give one religon priority over others. The majority of your current terretory is held through a religous mandate. You just called the war of a hundred years ago holy for crying out loud! Saying that the Church has no effect or control over the state is foolish. And any organization that holds the powers the inquisition has will have influence, even if they do not actively use it. After all, you wouldn't want to annoy them, would you?