Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
Well, duh! Everybody knows that! I originally thought of that idea, you know!
TND, I've stated the reason that I don't use Inkscape quite often here. Whoops, did I say 'reason'? I meant, 'reasons' As in, two of them.
Number one: I have practiced a lot at Paint and it would take me a lot of time to get used to Inkscape, time which I wouldn't have because
Number two: Inkscape hates my computer. My computer hates Inkscape. They have sworn blood-oaths against each other. Inkscape won't stay open 2 minutes before crashing. Paint is my only option. That, or spend money on something I can't afford.
Also: Clone Week is over already!
Sigh....
#1: Stop using the opacity and blur tools that much. Also refrain from copying too many objects.
#2: Save often. It only happens every once in a while if you use it right...
#3: There's a limit to Microsoft Paint's quality. It takes much longer to do a worse job. I'd know from experience. There is absolutely no way you can do as good a job in paint in the same amount of time. If you saw what inkscape could do, you would switch immediately.

With my original draft for SnD, each 6-panel comic took about 12 hours, and they didn't look a tenth as good as my four-hour inkscape versions.

If you don't want to use inkscape, find another SVG program. Use photoshop. Find Fireworks. Just don't use microsoft's thrown-together-in-15-minutes basic program. I will bet you $5 that if inkscape stops crashing on your computer and you learn how to use it, your first comic will be better than your best paint comic, even with all of your 'experience', and it will be done faster.

Q, you haven't seen what inkscape can do, so you have no rights to tell us to stop suggesting it. Plus, downloading doesn't work how your paranoia thinks it does. Pretty much the only way you can download a virus is if you follow all of the following steps:
1) You download some 'antivirus software' for a bunch of money on some crooked website because the web browser says you have a virus
2) You don't have a reliable antivirus program
3) You don't read what the download is of
4) You shut off all of your antivirus programs before the download
5) You run the virus
That's all you have to do. As long as you know what it is you're downloading, it can have no effect on your computer. The way most viruses work has to do with their RAM usage. Most viruses will automatically run once activated and chew through your RAM, and with appropriate antiviral software, you can easily terminate them before they begin to run.

If you wish, I will do a screenshot-tutorial of inkscape to show you the features and steps to making whatever it is you want to make.