1. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Age of Ruin IC: The calm before the storm

Orin

"Coming to think of it, rather tell me about that paradise you mentioned? So nobody does have to struggle anymore to make a living? How does that even work if you are dead?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming that his answer amounts to something akin 'it is paradise, all peopel just live on happily ever after' Orin goes on like that:

####

Orin nods slowly "Just as I though. Just another hell with fancy window dressing. Goramesh at least is honest about being a bleak place of desperation."

"Answer me this then, priest, what worth is an afterlife that holds nothing worth living, or evn existing for? What worth is it to face day and day and day and day after day of eternity with nothing to look foreward to? Our mortal lives my be a valley of miser for most, but at least we can count a tiny litlle triumph each day we manage to see! Every hardship that befalls us is at least a chance to prevail and feel good about ourselves, because we actually accomplished something! But that 'paradise' of yours? What it is good for? What is it other then just another way to make you wish, pray, hope, despair for oblivion? To end your endless torment of yet another 'perfect' day to come? How is this any better then Imshaeroth's endless rainy day or Goramesh's endless opressive regime? How? How?! Answer me that, I dare you!!! "

Orin works himself into something but short of a frenzy, forcing his words onto the priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fascinate DC (1d20+16)[26], Sugestion (answer me, dammit!) DC 18

"Or is it just that you never, ever, thought this thru? How long did the people who got resurrected stay there? Long enough for the euphoria and false sense of happyness to wear off? No? didn't think so. Did you ever think this through? Or did you keep finding excuses not to think about it? because, deep inside, you know how dreadfully appaling the answer would be? And yet you stand before me, firm in your believe, because that is the only thing that keeps you distracted enough from what you know to be true, deep inside, to be true, the only thing that keeps you from going insane right now!"

"I dare you! Look into my eyes and tell me it's not true!"

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2008-11-22 at 12:06 PM.
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.