Quote Originally Posted by Scion_of_Darkness View Post
Well I love the mathematical approach to determining V's gender. However I feel V is female based on a different methodology.

1. In strip 123 Haley decides to room with V as opposed to any other party member. If the party was all male there would be no reason to chose V. In fact Haley would more likely have chosen Elan to satisfy her hidden crush.
  2. You could also make the case that since Pompay is male V would be female. Not only would Pompay have a gender identity, but he would also be the opposite gender. I will admit that this is argument is weak.
  3. In strip 335 when V explains her hypotheis involving Belkar's brain, all the given examples under the "lust" catagory are female. If V was male there little worry about Belkar lusting after her.
  4. In strip 385 a disguised Sabine goes to a Azure City bar and starts asking V "Why are all men such pigs??" I don't know for certain but I can't imagine a women going up to a man and asking a question like that. That seems more like a women to women question. Admittedly I have little to no experience with bars, drunks, or vexed women.
Sadly most of those tie in to what each character believes the gender of to be. Just because Haley, Sabine and any other character believe V to be female doesn't make it so. Read the FAQ

And the whole problem with Belkar "lusting" after V may not be an issue of gender identity, but rather of the fact that V is marriedand (according to panel 10)seems to be rather faithful to his/her mate.