View Single Post

Thread: Of Light, Life and Liches

1. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Of Light, Life and Liches

Silently, Amos took in his surroundings, lifting his hand a little from time to time to better illuminate what he was looking at.

How many tombs have more barrels and crates than deceased persons in them?

Amos passed the door for the immediate point in time, stopping only to pinch himself, and pinch hard*. Was he even awake? Or... alive? The bard searched his surroundings in earnest before he brought himself back to the door, at which point, he dragged a barrel, crate, or some other seat-like object closer so that he could sit and ponder.

Ponder hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooooookay, a couple checks I'd like to make, if that's alright. The first, is a reality check. When I say Amos pinches himself hard, I mean like a point of subdual damage hard. The kind of pinch a schoolyard bully gives you when he's telling you to give up your milk money, but after you cough it up, he still wants you to cry "Uncle!". Is he alive, is he dreaming, is he dead... is it even possible for him to figure any of those things out yet?

After that, Amos' gear. What has become of it? If necessary, I'd like to take 20 on a Search check for it, or at least, I'd like to know for a fact that I don't have it.

Lastly, Amos knows the following languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, and Sylvan. In the event that the runes above the door are in none of those languages... then... well, it's really up to you whether or not Amos understands, or is at least able to decipher, the "writing on the wall", regardless of what languages he knows. However, even with that in mind, he'll still take some time to look into the matter.

EDIT: Also, another pressing question. ...is Amos still naked? What the deuce? ...it's because he's a bard, isn't it?
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-11-24 at 12:05 AM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!