Quote Originally Posted by ErrantMage View Post
V-Man in Strip #09
As Rich said in the FAQ, that is only Roy's perception, not necessarily the truth.
V is gay according to B's comment in Strip 28
If Belkar thinks V is gay, then that's only his perception. In addition, it's not really clear if he's implying V is gay there, or if he's saying "I always suspected...[that V was female]". Some people read it that way, so it's possible. Either way, it's not conclusive in the slightest.
Linear Guild Members are greatest opposites of character. Thog is dumb, Nale is smart. Sabine is a slut, Hilgya is gender opposite (Worships Loki so is still Nordic.. #52), Yikyik is a kobold. By the same logic V who talks so long as to put the enemies to sleep and known for ranting, has Zz'drti be silent.
I don't see how this is evidence for V being male?
#124 does Mr Burns line.
Which doesn't prove anything...
#173 asserts he is a wizard. Wizard is predominately male. He also corrects Sorcerer/Sorceress technicality prior.
Maybe, but still inconclusive.
V is checked by B in #177, guessing from the fact he saw something means it was probably a 'v' shaped set of dots. Meaning male. Judging from his comment he saw something that was neither obviously male or female to him, and because nothing would be of no merit, V is male.
Who says he saw something? It's not clear what he saw, only that he doesn't know if it means male or female.
#186 does not fret about barely covered nudity in front of the boys.
V was behind the dragon, they couldn't see V's body. There was no need to fret.
#238 Misses Haley's point big time in a boy's confused manner...
Wrong comic, V isn't in 238. Which one did you mean?
Rooms with Haley in #123. Breast joke on V, but taken out of perverted context it means nothing.
Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro Globus View Post
Quote Originally Posted by dzerostar
I can't recall--have any elves in OotS been identified in a gender-specific manner? I would guess "yes", but I don't remember (and 600+ strips are a lot to look back through)!
First I too thought that this is the case with all elves, but sorry... Look at the Crayons of Time.
Well some elves, like Lirian, have an obvious gender, whereas others (most noticeably ones in the prequel books), look more androgynous.