Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
Not exactly Monster Manual material, but...
I need to change the name of this thread.
Gerudo Mirror Shield
Spoiler
Show
Magical Item:

This Heavy Steel Shield is made up of a red-colored steel that has a silver mirror embedded in it, in which a stylized crescent moon design is etched. The Gerudo Mirror shield has the ability to absorb spells and turn them back on the caster.

Any time someone wielding a Gerudo Mirror Shield is targetted by a damaging spell and the spell misses due to the shield bonus provided by the Mirror Shield, a portion of the spells power is absorbed by the shield. THe first time this happens, nothing happens. The next time the wielder is targetted by a spell with the same damage type, the Shield 'absorbs' 1d6 of that type of damage. For each spell past that of the same damage type, the number of d6 goes up 1 (2d6, 3d6, etc) to a maximum number of d6's equal to the wielders Character level. If the shield is hit by a spell that deals a different kind of damage from the first, the proccess starts over at 0 with this new damage type. At any point, instead of adding 1d6, the wielder may choose to discharge the blast at the caster using a ranged attack roll at the wielders highest BaB, dealing the same kind of damage as absorbed. In addition, the MIrror shield perfectly reflects light, "bouncing" any concentrated beams off it's surface in a perfectly controllable way.

I don't know how to price things. A "Termina Mirror shield" that just bounces spells (as per a use of spell turning) is forthcoming.

Also: I support the idea of making Gorons, Zora, Gerudo and some others Player Races, with no LA.
Yes.