Fastolph Blowfield

Fastolph left Chaim to his own devices, and began examining himself. He closed his eyes, and saw his own divine spoor, and examined it more carefully. All gods gave it off - it was difficult to hide it, because it was based on power, and power was not something easily hidden.

But, still, he looked more carefully, and began to understand the nature of the divine sight.

Spoiler
Show
Major: Secrets domain advances to Rank 2.

Greed

The halfling returned, bearing his 'gifts' of vice, instructed by Gard to try and subvert his colony. Fastolph was not the sort to allow this to happen - he had the reputation of the halflings to consider.

He assumed mortal form, and masked his divine spoor, intercepting the returning halfling at the limits of the latest encampment.

"Why, exactly, are you back?" asked Blowfield, to the returned 'Servant of Gard'.

"I seem to remember you being exiled."

The greed-infused halfling sweated nervously, and offered up one of the rubies. "I've come for forgiveness... I was asked to give you this."

"Transparent. I think your new benefactor has something left to learn. Come with me, and we can talk."

The halfling nodded silently, and followed the tall, authoritative halfling into the tent without complaint.

"Now, the jewels, please."

The greedy fellow turned over one of the rubies.

"I don't believe I asked for a jewel, my friend. All of them, please."

"Um... ah..."

"Now, Gordo."

Gordo handed over three more small ones, holding on to the large one nervously.

"Interesting. There is a reason why you don't want to turn over the large one. Reason more than the greed which saw you thrown out in the first place."

For a moment, Gordo resisted the urge to tell him. At the end of it, a flash of lightning erased such resistances.

"Please. Enlighten me."

"I was told not to give it up, under any circumstances."

"By your benefactor? Yes, I think I know who you are talking about, now." Fastolph held up the four rubies, and picked up a carved wooden goblet. He squeezed, and crushed the rubies into a blood red wine that turned the goblet into gold. He held out the goblet to Gordo.

"Have a drink. My treat."

Silently, Gordo took the goblet and drank down its contents. He felt his right ring finger become heavy - it turned to gold for just a moment, before fading back to normal.

"That, is how much you owe to Gard. That is the value of your greed. The rest is halfling, and halfling alone, Gordo Goldfinger. But, of course, you need not tell that to Gard - you are his servant, not his ally."

Spoiler
Show
Minor Act: Queuing 12x 12th level servants.

Using one to subvert Gordo Goldfinger as Minor Servant. This is 'secret information', and is not apparent to Gard.

---

The Vor

Emilio waved the Vor over.

"Come, come." he said, as the other halflings worked on the pot. "Almost ready."

He used simple words and motions to convey the message, and seats were brought up for the Vor to wait. They didn't have to wait long, before a line of halflings brought forward wooden dishes filled with what looked a little like meat dropped in mud, with grass sprinkled on top.

Fortunately, the thick soup was not, in fact, meat dropped in mud, and it smelt appetising indeed.