View Single Post

Thread: Gestalt Arena practice - Moby Vs Stella

1. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt Arena practice - Moby Vs Stella

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    If I remember correctly, incorporeal creatures can "sense" when something is outside the wall 5 feet away. I'd have to have a bit of booko time to find that though, and I'm AFB right now.
    Yes, it's the same as pinpointing invisible opponents, with a +2 to your Listen check (because sound is carried better in solid objects).
    EDIT- Though, logically, that +2 shouldn't apply when we're both ethereal, I think. We're on another plane, we don't interact with material objects at all, all they do is block line of sight.

Now, the object thing? Works well if you're hiding in a statue, or under a table, but has no bearing when your entire square is covered. That's when you're inside a wall/floor, and those rules apply.
    Accepted.
    Would it be fair to assume that the pillars (in particular) aren't completely square blocks of granite (that would be hard to visualize), and therefore can be used for cover? At least the edges (top squares, and squares that are adjacent to normal terrain).

And come to think of it, I don't know why I thought they were pillars all this time, they are described as rocks. Huh.

Basically, 1 square is total cover. 1 square is no cover. The only time you can be between the two (with cover only) is while you attack (per the last SRD exerpt you posted). You've been kinda moving around in a permanent state of half-in.
    Accepted for ground, ceiling and walls. You are right, I shouldn't be able to do that. Sorry....

But I believe this method should work for the rocks. Do you agree?
    Last edited by KevLar; 2008-12-04 at 07:03 AM.
    Avatar lawfully nicked from this xkcd strip.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    Will dance around my room
    And frolic in my bed