Chaucer

Chaucer studies the head priest's quarters carefully. He isn't looking for anything obviously occult, just dogmatic. Perhaps the priest is unorthodox in a few small ways. "Father, there was an object discovered underneath one of the pews of this church that has caused me great concern. It was a blade, about so large," Chaucer holds his hands at about the length of the knife, "and it was not meant for honest work. There was a--I guess the right word is a smell--to it. Acrid. Bitter. Toxic. Like biting into a penny that had lain too long beneath swamp mud. If you know someone in your flock who might have owned a knife like that, then it is urgent that I talk to them."

Perhaps it's a long shot, but Chaucer wrinkles his nose and sniffs discreetly at the air, half-expecting to pick up the lingering scent of the knife.

Spoiler
Show
Chaucer's tongue is demonic. Taste and smell are extremely similar senses. I figure he can smell unholiness if it's strong enough. Let me know if that doesn't work. I'll edit my post.

Also, roll against Blendling (5) to see if the priest is linked to the cult.