Hey people, no disrespect, but please read the thread before posting. Posting the same ideas over and over just slow down the conversation and not reading the thread gives the impression of disrespect for those that have already posted (or maybe just laziness, neither is a good impression, and impressions matter when you are trying to make a point).[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by noncaloric View Post
Earlier, Wanda appeared to think her stack would be enough to make a difference in the fight between Jill's stack and Stanley's stack. I wouldn't assume her stack is negligible vs. Ansom.
Wanda was working off of the assumption that it would help, not that it would definitely work. Keep in mind that if Stanley was croaked by Jillian, Wanda would be disbanded for lack of an overlord, the way that Sizemore would have been if it weren't for Stanley having been made heir. When your boop is on the line, the odds don't matter. When failing has the same effect as not trying, of course you try, even if the chances are infinitesimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
The fact that Jaclyn retains her ability to fly shows that she keeps some powers, actually.
It also finally answers a long-time question: Archons are NOT casters in the same sense as Sizemore et al.; they are units like dwagons, having magic-like special abilities. That lends credence (but does not prove) to the idea that the Arkendish gives power over Archons the way the Arkenhammer does with dwagons.

Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
She is a caster, which means lower HP and less defence
This is a big assumption. True, it is a strong fantasy genre trope, but that does not mean it holds true on Erf.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwaster View Post
I hate for my first post here to be critical, but you folks overanalyze the HELL out of these comics.
Yes we do. Why? Because we enjoy it. Welcome to the boards!

Quote Originally Posted by small pumpkin m View Post
My new favourite theory.
M'glad you think so!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
Maggie mentions Charlie's "mastery" of the Arkendish, I believe. And Parson states that Charlie's attuned to the dish here. In the same page, Parson mentions that Charlie is "no royal." That suggests that people on Erf know or think they know something about Charlie's origin.
Well, they THINK they know, but they could be wrong. I figure for the most part* the royals of the world are known entities. Thus any upstart overlord NOT known 'must' be a non-royal.

*Jillian and Banhammer are exceptions, but the whole FAQ thing is an exception, to the point of being considered impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by BarGamer View Post
If that's true, then WTB is up with the walnuts/pigeons thing?? O_o;;;
The ArkenHammer has sense of humor, obviously.