1. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

Lar duthin Hli

Three fleets against a Khal raiding squadron - the odds were bad, and Tchaikoan Ycharr Tvari was ready to run. Until Metkhun Resll Shizar loped over to her. "My lady, the Kaharach's orders. If you follow them, we might survive." Tvari flipped through the orders and laughed hysterically. "We'll either die or decimate their fleets - I'm for it."

She used the ship's ansible. This is Tchaikoan Ycharr Tvari - disable the ship's shields. Disable them now!

Seeing the Khal ship's shields drop, the Goh battleship opens fire at it with all guns. So do the UCF frigates, with multiple torpedoes and turrets blazing.

At the last moment, the Lar duthin Hli engages full engines and rolls deftly out of the way of the firepower. The same cannot be said of the UCF and the Goh ships, who find themselves opening fire upon each other.

"Raise shields! Yaikoan Avern, I need you to go do this to the torpedoes - Koan Ycharr Szalri, I need us to broadside those ships heading to the cruiser with everything we've got. Open fire!"

Luthus's Ship

Maximus grinned, then realized that the gunfire had stopped. The alarms to the bridge door went off, and Khal and Vela warriors poured into the bridge. He turned with a snarl, ready to avenge his men, and then the Khal Koan hit him hard. Perhaps his talons couldn't rip through the adamantine armor, but one blow from his great wing broke half the ribs in Maximus's body. The Koan grabbed Maximus's wrists and slammed the warrior into the bulkhead wall with enough force to make Maximus scream. Maximus's axe skittered down the corridor, and the Koan began to teach the Goh exactly why Khal warriors were feared.

The Planet

AA turrets and Goh fighters found even large Khal transports were piloted by Khal - almost impossible to be hit in their chosen element. Khal warriors who landed on the planet found themselves surrounded by alien warriors.

In Khal, the word used to describe alien warriors literally means, "Prey."

Khal love to be surrounded - more prey for the killing, and on both sides of you. Goh warriors charging Khal found that Khal didn't charge bloodthirstily into combat, but blasted you with energy rifles until you charged, then ripped you to shreds when you closed.

Kaharach Tichan

He shook his head. Two battleships and a cruiser against three fleets? No, they couldn't stand there. They would have to retreat or die. No. There's always a third option.

He tapped in the ansible code for Metkhun of the Army Rann Thnor. "Metkhun of the Army, this is Kaharach Tichan. I require that you belay your assault upon the Aetheri and change the coordinates on your jump-rings. This -" he rattled off the coordinates for the Dai-Leok system, "is where you need to go. A Khal squadron ran into three alien fleets, and we need an army to break them. Make the jump, they need you now." Rann Thnor's reply: "Your will be done, Kaharach."
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-12-08 at 09:50 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.